Sunday, August 03, 2008

My favor-eet animal




Actually my favorite animal is the dog...but my favorite NON-domesticated animal is, by far, the camel.

It is so amazing to me that camels ever evolved or were created. They are so perfectly adapted to their environment. How do you dream up an animal with fatty deposits in its back that can go two weeks without water and sweat off 25% of its total body weight without dying?! Craaazy.

I love the expression on their faces: like they're always smiling. I like how they growl and complain whenever they are forced to kneel down or forced to get up. They remind me of grouchy old men--and yet they have the most beautiful oil drop eyes and the softest, curliest fur. I actually had the opportunity to ride camels one day in Jordan, near Wadi Rum. I ended up taking my shoes and socks off and tying them onto the saddle, then just letting my feet rub the fur all day long. And the lolling, rolling motion and the sun makes you really drowsy and relaxed.

Coolest animals ever. Good job, God or Darwin.

3 comments:

yamsey said...

Watch out, they spit!
Just finished Breaking Dawn last night. I gave a non-spoiler review on my blog. Let me know what you think of it.
I would love a copy of the opera mix. Thank you. I don't have your email though.

Anonymous said...

or Zoltron...

Anonymous said...

Or Shiva.

(we got to cover our bases here.)