Sunday, December 07, 2008

Freud


I finally got around to writing some comments on my last blog entry. Sorry it took so long. Also, sorry about the typos.

One of my favorite professors once said: "If you aren't occasionally kept up all night thinking, you're not thinking about things deeply enough."

I haven't been kept up by my thoughts for a long, long time.

Chrissa sometimes complains I'm on "auto pilot". I would describe it as "allowing the world to pass by." The thing is, I don't think that's the problem right now. I feel I am engaging things: I'm listening, I'm focused.

The problem these days is that nothing seems to be working right. Everything's broken. Things that were so easy are now very difficult--even smiling. I only remember feeling this way 3x before: my sophomore year of high school, my mission, and my senior year of college. All three times I was going through identity crises. (Freud enter stage right)

What makes it worse is that when I get like this I stop doing the things that help me get OUT of it. I stop writing letters or writing in my journal. I don't exercise and my diet takes a nose dive.

So that's where I'm at. If you check out Chrissa's most recent post you'll see we're both in the same boat. That's also why I haven't posted anything for a long time.

Anyway. Crap.

(Freud exit stage left)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trick to getting through your funk is lots... and lots of Little Debbies. =)

I lub you!