Monday, October 01, 2007

Listmania: My just desserts


A week ago, in a moment of masochistic insanity I bet Chrissa I could go 3 whole months without eating sugary foods...craaazy.

It's been over a week and I'm still on the bet. So I'm doing ok. Sort of. Actually, I'm starting to hallucinate like those guys in the "Starvation Experiment": I'm finding myself a little pre-occupied with dessert. This happened before with meat. When Chrissa and I became flexitarians we found ourselves watching the Food Network A LOT...

So, in the spirit of semi-starvation, I've decided to list my top 10 desserts!

10) Belgian waffles

Breakfast. Dessert. What's NOT to love?

9) Crêpes

See #10.

8) Grandma's 14 Layer Cake

My grandma use to mail us this cake made of paper thin vanilla cake and chocolate frosting. We would typically tear it apart layer by layer to eat it! (Best warmed with a little homemade ice cream...)

7) Tres Leches
White cake sopping with heavy cream, evaporated milk, and sweetened condensed milk. Strawberries on top and a little sugar. Best from Café Rio, in Provo.

6) Strawberry Shortcake

Not on angel food cake. On REAL shortcake with REAL whipped cream!! Angel food cake needs to die! (Not really, but only in the context of strawberry shortcake)

5) Better Than Sex Cake

...More fattening too.

4) Robert Redford Dessert


A little slice of heaven. It's like a giant parfait cup.

3) Tiramisù

I don't know what a ladyfinger is, but I like it.

2) Apple Harvest Pound Cake with Caramel Glaze

The best cake ever! Is it a spice bread?! Is it cake?! I don't know...this cake deserves to be a staple of autumn.

1) Milk Shake

Can't beat the basics. I love that you can eat it with a spoon and then drink it with a straw. And the best thing is when they give you the extra shake in the metal cup.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 84 more days to go...

Jared said...

I am going to save up all these calories and have a dessertfest on Christmas Day!!!

Losing weight is for pansies.

yamsey said...

When I got back from Russia - where all of the ice cream tastes a little strange - the first thing I wanted to do was get a chocolate milkshake. There is a little diner near John's parents' house that makes THE BEST milkshakes ever, complete with the metal cup of extra milkshake. It tasted better than anything I had had for 4 months! hmmm... maybe I'll go there today. Sorry Jared!

Anonymous said...

bah! update, update!