Saturday, May 13, 2006

99...


1. I jot down notes (journal topics, movies, etc.) on paper scraps ... and then lose them
2. For some reason I feel closure for just having written them down
3. I like scars

4. I can't stand even TOUCHING tunafish
5. 90% of the time I can't sleep using a pillow
6. My favorite color is grey
7. My favorite smell is fresh-cut grass
8. I get insomnia
9. When I do get insomnia I can't fall asleep unless I'm on the floor
10. My favorite drink is chocolate milk
11. I can't grow a beard or even a mustache
12. My first nightmare was being chased by a giant daddy longlegs across a white plain
13. My re-occuring nightmares are about sharks, frozen water, or snakes
14. One of my favorite TV shows is "Charmed" on the WB
15. My other favorites are "Mythbusters," "Ghosthunters," and "Rachel Ray"
16. I keep track of all the books I read (I've read over 700...not including children's books)
17. I would sleep with a fan on year-round
18. If I had a choice to fly or be invisible I would choose invisibility
19. If I could choose any career I'd be an author
20. I'm fascinated by snakes and like to pick them up (even though I was bitten once)
21. My favorite groups are "Pink Floyd," "Devotchka," "R.E.M.," and "Pearl Jam"
22. I'm 5'11" but everyone guesses I'm 6'1"
23. I like to eat strange foods
24. I've eaten rattlesnake, alligator, marinaded quail eggs, snails, cow tongue/liver/intestines, chicken feet, fish head, a marmot, uncooked clams, stomach soup, and rabbit fetus
25. I've gone nude repelling and love to skinny dip
26. I'm afraid of deep water but typically swim further out in the ocean than anyone else
27. I use clippers on my arms and legs -- so I don't look like a wooly mammoth
28. I once had a twig poke me in the eye and break off under my eyelid
29. When I was an infant I crawled into an oven, once, and fell out of a second story window onto concrete
30. I love deserts
31. I hate hot tubs
32. I have no fear of death
33. My closest brush with death was when I was on a plane that had an insulation fire and fell 1,000 feet (note: the oxygen masks may not inflate...)
34. My favorite animal is the camel
35. My favorite flowers are dandylions
36. I'm a peacemaker
37. I don't like it when people play with my hair
38. But I love it when someone cuts my hair
39. My favorite cereal is Cinnamon Toast Crunch
40. Chrissa is my best friend
41. I've lived in Utah, Guatemala, Syria, Minnesota, Texas, Ohio and Alabama
42. The place I most want to travel to is Switzerland--Maine is second--Nepal third--Kenya fourth
43. My favorite scar is 1" long and on my shoulderblade
44. I got it when I was on a rope swing and it broke...20' above a thornbush
45. My favorite feels are camel fur under my bare feet, Champ (my dog) licking my feet, walking through wet grass, and touching the tops of Chrissa's feet (I think I see a theme)
46. I love to play pool but have no one to play with
47. I love to play chess ... ditto
48. From the age of 17, on a number of occasions I planned to run away
49. I played trombone for 3 years in high school and probably only practiced 4-5 times in that period
50. I took band because I liked band trips and enjoyed talking to Sheri Bauer (my stand partner)
51. Before marrying Chrissa I had kissed 7 girls
52. I am an atrocious singer
53. I only like to sing in the shower but even then I'm embarrassed
54. When I read Stephen King's "The Stand" I wished that it would actually happen
55. If I could meet any historical figure it would be Joseph Smith, Mohammad, Jesus, or Adam--not out of religious fervor...but to be able to prove/disprove first-hand
56. If I had to choose a non-religious figure it would be Thomas Jefferson, Socrates, Kant, or Goethe
57. My favorite thing about Chrissa is her sarcasm
58. My next favorite things are her orderliness and her dark hair/eyes
59. I speak Spanish and a little Arabic
60. I would go back to the Middle East tomorrow if I had the chance...but not with the military
61. Some of my fondest memories are of playing Role-Playing Games (RPGs) [e.g. Dungeons and Dragons] with my high school/college friends
62. I would still be playing them if I lived back in Utah
63. I like going commando
64. I left the Church when I was 24 and didn't return for two years
65. Given the choice to be "disfellowshipped," I requested to be "ex-communicated"
66. Without my knowing, the Church only disfellowshipped me
67. I had a crush on a girl from 4th to 12th grade and I never even asked her out
68. Later on I found out she liked me
69. My favorite SCENIC places are Wadi Rum, Jordan; "Ghost Rock" (on the mountain behind my parents' house); Chrissa's parents' house; Goblin Valley, Utah; El Amparo, Guatemala; the Outer Banks, North Carolina; Lake Into-the-Woods, Wyoming; and Lake Powell, Utah.
70. I've never broken a bone
71. I played soccer for 7 years and it's still my favorite sport
72. My ideal automobile would be a Land Rover or a Jeep Wrangler
73. I don't know a single thing about car repair/maintenance
74. I want a tatoo but I wouldn't want it to be permanent
75. I love playing nickle slots and Bingo and don't feel a twinge of guilt about it
76. I think the saddest album ever is Nine Inch Nails' "Downward Spiral"
77. I think the scariest songs are Tool's "Faaip De Oiad" and "Schism" ... and that piece by Philip Glass about the attack on Hiroshima
78. I love trains
79. If I could live anywhere in time it would be as a villager in 15th-16th C. Scotland or as a Plains Indian in 18th C. America
80. I wish I were left handed
81. I may be getting braces this month
82. I have a fake tooth in the front of my mouth
83. I first broke my teeth riding a skateboard at the age of 8
84. I'm a poet but haven't written poetry since 2002
85. My favorite pizza toppings are sausage, mushrooms and black olives
86. I've dyed my hair over a dozen times, and permed it once
87. I could get sunburned at midnight...I'm so white
88. Since January of this year I've become a flexitarian--and now I feel guilty eating meat as a dish
89. I can never remember numbers. If I tell you a statistic I'm probably making the number part of it up
90. I'm horrid with directions. I can get lost (and do) in my backyard. It drives Chrissa nuts
91. I don't like chocolate unless it has toffee, almonds or peanut butter
92. My favorite desserts are made by Rob Morris' mom
93. I think the most attractive actresses are hispanic. There are only 2-3 American actresses I find attractive
94. I like wearing foreign coins on a piece of string/leather
95. The only other "jewelry" I can stand wearing is my wedding ring--and only because it's wide, silver, and has no ornamentation (like Ed Harris' ring in "The Abyss")
96. I live in movies
97. My ideal home would be a yacht
98. I talk too much
99. I was born in Kirkland, Washington

8 comments:

Marci said...

#'s 1&2 - I think this must be an inherited trait. I do the exact same thing. Sometimes I write 4-5 lists in one day -- all saying pretty much the exact same thing!

#24 - what on earth's a marmot?

#46 - Dan's got a pool table. If you and Chrissa come out to visit us -- we'll play with you....
and win!

#47 - ditto for chess.

#54 - ditto on "The Stand" - every time I hear "Don't fear the reaper" or "Don't dream it's over" I get the chills. I loved those apocalyptic kind of movies/books.

#74 - you should get Chrissa to paint you a tattoo. You use an ink pen first (not ball point though), then add watercolor. The water evaporates or soaks in, and the pigment is left behind. The pen lasts longer than the paint (plus adds definition) - so you need to touch up the paint more often, but the pen will stay (even through a shower if you don't attack it with a brillo).

#86 - the perm was a killer! Has Chrissa seen the pictures? By the way, Chrissa -- have you seen Jared break-out Karate video? (Hint: he was in diapers).

#95 - We just watched The Abyss the other night -- I love that hole sub-story with the ring...
Speaking of an exhilarating action movie...see MI:3

Now I've got to do my own 99

Marci said...

sorry for the typos. you can probably figure out what I'm saying anyway, eh?

Jared said...

of course! loved your comments, typos and all...

shasta said...

loved it!

Jared said...

It really does.

Jared said...

What about naked rapelling? I think that was the peak of my performance...

Jared said...

Everyone's going to think I'm some kind of exhibitionist or something... really, I swear I'm normally clothed.

Jared said...

For many reasons...